mercredi, avril 29, 2009

PETITS LIVRES
SMALL BOOKS

Vous me connaissez... c'est dans la famille! Nous sommes tous des amoureux des livres. J'adore les livres minuscules.
Hier, j'ai reçu d'une artiste de Jérusalem, deux petits livres que j'avais commandés sur Etsy. Quel ravissement!

You know me... it's in the family. We're all books worshippers. And I love tiny books. Yesterday, I have received some small books made by an artist from Jerusalem. I had ordered them on Etsy, and they are beautiful!


Même l'enveloppe est une oeuvre d'art!

Even the envelope is artistic!



Le premier livre est en accordéon et est une mini-copie que Jenny a faite d'un livre pour enfant qu'elle a écrit. Les écritures sont en hébreux.... je ne peux donc vous raconter l'histoire. Mais que les illustrations sont jolies!
The first book is accordion-like. It's a small copy of a children book Jenny had written. It's in Hebrew, so I can't tell you the story. But the illustrations are really cute!
1 ¾ X 2 ½ pcs/in
4 X 5 cms


Le deuxième livre montre quelques illustrations de l'artiste.

The second book shows some of the artist's illustrations.




J'aime beaucoup son style!

I really love her style!

2 X 3 pcs/in
5 X 7½ cm






Voici un autre petit livre que j'ai acheté sur Etsy. Il raconte les aventures imaginaires du chat de l'artiste, Charlie. Heidi Shaulis est le nom de l'artiste.
Here is another book I bought on Etsy. Those are the imaginary adventures of Charlie, the artist's cat. Her name is Heidi Shaulis.
2¾ X 3¾ pcs/in
7 X 9 cm






Petit livre sur les chats...
Small book about cats...
1¾ X 2¼ pcs/in
4½ X 5½ cm


J'ai acheté ce petit livre blanc il y a quelques années à la Bibliothèque Nationale du Québec, à Montréal. La couverture est faite de véritable papier marbré.
I bought this tiny white book a few years ago at the Quebec National Library, in Montréal. The covers are made with real marbled paper.
1 X 1¼ pcs/in
2 X 3½ cm


Celui-là, je devrais le lire au complet...
This one, I should read it completely (Ways to Wisdom)
1½ X 2 ½ pcs/in
4 X 5½ cm


Mon premier petit livre. J'étais en première année du secondaire. OUI, j'ai dû apprendre le latin... Le premier propriétaire de ce livre a écrit son nom dedans... L LeMay, 25/03/1922... Ce livre est plus vieux que moi. :)
My first tiny book. I got it on my first year of highschool and YES I had to learn Latin... The first owner of the book had written his name in it... L LeMay, 25/03/1922... So the book is older than me. :)
1½ X 2 pcs/in
3½ X 5½ cm


J'ai peut-être triché une couple de fois pendant mes examens....
I may have cheated a couple of times during my tests...

6 commentaires:

Lucy Corrander a dit…

I'm not usually a fan of little books like these but you have shown them in such a delightful light . . . it's given me an idea for making Christmas presents!

Lucy

merlinprincesse a dit…

Hheeh... It's a bit early for Christmas, Lucy! :))) Thanks for visiting! :)
Must tell you I'm very nearsighted, so I love reading those tiny books! :)

kj a dit…

what a collection, mp. when are you doing to do one of your own? because i know it would be great.

i smile when i visit you.

:)

merlinprincesse a dit…

I have ideas to make some little books! But time..... I even have a binding formation... So you see, I know my stuff! ehhehehe...
Glad to make you smile!!! :)

ritadaphné a dit…

J'aime bien Charlie qui semble ramer très fort pour sauver sa famille???
Toujours éblouie par ton immense talent!
Ritabisous.

P.S.j'adore les petits livres!!!

Bearuh a dit…

These are great!! Do you have a link to the etsy shop for these? If so please drop a comment for me on my blog with it!

I am SOOOO happy that you received my lion cards! Thanks for the really nice comments about them. It was fun to be in the show! I really like trading art with people through the mail!