dimanche, juillet 20, 2008

SUN YAT-SEN... SUITE

Reprise du voyage dans l'Ouest. Nous sommes le mercredi 9 août 2006, toujours au jardin du Dr Sun Yat-Sen...
L'architecture des différents pavillons, des passages couverts, des terrasses et des gazebos d'observation reproduit celle de l'architecture MING classique.

Let's continue our trip to Vancouver. We are Wednesday August the 9th 2006, at the Sun Yat-Sen Park.
The architecture of the pavillions, covered walkways, terraces and lookout platforms represent MING dynasty classical design.










Modèles de cour complexes. Créé par des mains qui ont transformé des cailloux et des roches en oeuvres d'art.

Intricate courtyard patterns. Created by the hands that turned pebbles and rocks into works of art.











La voix que vous entendez à la fin est celle de Mei Shile...
The voice at the end is Mei Shile's...

9 commentaires:

imac a dit…

Beautiful photos and reflections.

Julie says many thanks for your very kind comments.

Anonymous a dit…

The pebble courtyard flooring is very interesting! Lots of work there. The splash of red in architecture adds a welcoming warmth.

MerlinPrincesse, you have missed the Australian and North American gardens which began a week ago at my photo blog. Chinese won't be until later ;)

Ces Adorio a dit…

This are the only things I like about the Japanese and Chinese, their architecture, gardens, and their art. There is harmony in the designs and beauty in their simplicity.

Ces Adorio a dit…

I mean "These". I just wanted to say architecture but I decided I live the gardens and art :-) I was expecting Mei Shile to speak Chinese.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Thanks, Imac! And welcome. Julie is a great painter! :)

This was a great place, Anon... :) And I know I don't visit often, those days. I don't have much time. For example, I work 12 hours in a row today... blah! But I will visit all the blogs I love soon... I will have a bit more time in a week. My life is so crazy that I have seen NOTHING of the festivities of the 400th anniversary of Quebec foundation. Not even Sir Paul McCartney, yesterday....blah! :(

You know, CES, there are stupid and good people in every race... Chinese are slowly evolving...but they are... Revolutions come from inside.... Let's observe... :) And yes, Mei speaks Chinese. But she's a French Canadian, like me... hehehhe.... My sis also speaks Chinese... But I don't... I've learned Greek and Latin and Spanish... That's enough for my little head... :)

Ces Adorio a dit…

Wow, Chinese is very difficult to learn. I have Chinese cousins and they had to attend both Chinese and English schools simultaneously to learn Mandarin and English. Greek and Latin, very classic. Please come over. I have an award for you.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Thanks for the award, CES!!! :) I will try to pass it to some bloggers during the week-end... :)

kj a dit…

my father was a mason and i imagine he would have marveled at the stones and pebbles. where ever i am, i look for rocks to slide in my pocket.

thanks for this "trip", merlinprincesse--it's a culture i quite respect.

:)

merlinprincesse a dit…

Heheheh! So KJ, you're a rock addict too... we all are in the family.... I love to go to the beach and pick up one nice pebble. I put in in my mini japanese garden... :)