vendredi, septembre 08, 2006

ILLUSTRATIONFRIDAY: FARM
FERME


Pas de retard cette semaine! :) Illustration faite d'après une photo de mes oncles et tantes, prise sur la ferme de mon grand-père par ma tante Juliette, au début des années . L'image était très large et j'ai dû la couper en deux. Vous pouvez voir l'originale ici.
Not late this week! :) Illustration made after a photo taken by my aunt Juliette. Her brothers and sisters, on my grand-father's farm, at the beginning of the thirties. The pic was really large, so I had to cut it in two parts. You can see the original here.

20 commentaires:

andrea a dit…

VERY COOL EFFECTS -- LIKE THE GHOSTS OF THE 1930S COMING BACK TO KEEP US COMPANY!

cjhardy a dit…

Lovely piece of work. I enjoyed seeing the original as well. Terrific panaramic view for that time period. Was that perhaps the village priest in the center, the gentleman with the dark hat and what appears to be a cassock? So interesting.

Anonyme a dit…

Your choice of colours and effects have created a bloody, spooky atmosphere!!! Whaaaa ...

Could it have something to do with very recent hormone arousal? Watch out men, MerlinPrincesse is on a rampage Mwhahahaha.

Anonyme a dit…

Beautiful!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog a dit…

Mysterious and lovely!

Anonyme a dit…

Great treatment to create the atmosphere of time ago.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Andrea, in fact, they really are almost all ghost today. From left to right, my aunt Marie-Paule, who died at the begining of the nineties, my aunt Marie, who is still alive, in her eighties, a very nice lady, my aunt Florence, who became a nun and died from sclerosis, but at a very old age, my uncle Leonidas, a priest who died a few month after his two sisters, Marie-Paule and Florence and finally, my dear uncle Jean-Paul, who left us last Christmas. They were all people I loved very much, on my mother's side. And I'm sure they are all Angels now. Except for Marie, who is an angel on Earth! :)

Cjhardy: Hardy is a french name! Are you a Franco? Hehheheh... As I said, my uncle was a priest. He and my aunt Juliette (who took the pic) were the first maniac photographs of the family. I have many pics of that erea, from my cousin Lucie who kept the negatives, and made me some copies. When in Summer, my uncle (we used to call hime Oncle l'Abbé) came to the farm to help his family... :) He was an handsome man, mostly teaching in the equivalent of today's Highschool. Very intelligent too. I whish I would have known him better...

merlinprincesse a dit…

Anon: SHHHHH! Don't reveal all my secrets! Hehhehehe! AHHH! Australia! Hhehehehe! :D And thanks for the compliment and the movie (again)...SPOOOOKYYYYY!

Robert: Thanks. :)))))

Illustrationblog: Waaaa! Loooong name! But what do you have in your hands. Gonna check on your blog! And thanks for the compliment. :)

Paula: I was playing with colours and realized the effect just at the end. :) Probably my sub-conscious talking! :)

steve a dit…

Great reworking here--has a nostalgic feel to it.

valerie walsh a dit…

this actually made it look more antiqued and I love that quality you have given this piece! Really great!!!

Twisselman a dit…

Love this stuff! The memories of our forebearers must live on. Very special, this. Very beautiful.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Steve: Yes, nostalgia is always what I feel at the end of Summer! :) Thanks fellow WebPixer!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Valerie: Thanks for the nice compliment. I had fun doing it and worked very intuitively. I realized the feeling it has just after I had posted it! :)

Twisselman: I like your new Avatar! There are many Keepers of Light in our family! Some are dead but have left us a lot of old pics. And my niece is 12 now and has a very good eye. She's taking a lot of pics. My, she's gooood!

Linda a dit…

Beautiful work of art with so much heart and soul!

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks, Linda! :)

modroom a dit…

Very atmospheric, a dreamlike quality from the past.

carla a dit…

The original is maervelous, and your version adds a wonderful warmth. It definitely has that far away and long ago feeling, expecially with the blurred, rippled effect. Lovely!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Modroom: Past IS a dream! :D

Carla: I love the way you put in words the feeling I had! Thanks! :)

Unknown a dit…

love the effects you gave it. My DH was playing some bluegrass music when I opened your IF entry and it fit the music so well. The colors are great

merlinprincesse a dit…

Thanks, Toni! :)