vendredi, mars 03, 2006

ILLUSTRATIONFRIDAY: *INSECT*


Auto-portrait kafkaïen. Hommage à "La Métamorphose".
A Kafkaian Self-Portrait. Hommage to "The Metamorphosis".

20 commentaires:

valerie walsh a dit…

do i spy your red hair peeking through on that bug? This is so perfect for the theme!I always love your point of view and your photo views too!

Teri a dit…

This is such a unique interpretation! Great job!

Anonyme a dit…

very cool, we like the way you made it. Keep up the good work!

Vern Mercado a dit…

great colors. i like it.

Lily and Lucy White a dit…

It takes about ten years for Merlinprincesse to grow into a giant bug. Piece of crucial info omitted from Merlinprincesse trivia tips. Lily.

n. a dit…

wow your kafka bug is so much creepier (though somehow not at all ugly!) than mine. i salute that!

je vs. félicite que votre bête kafkaienne fait bcp pls peur que la mienne (voir lien), mais sans être laide!

andrea a dit…

I love this. It is too bizarre. Clearly done by the most intelligent blogger in the world according to Einstein.

franhilz a dit…

Disturbing and ... great!
The beetle-woman is looking directly to me - is an hypnotic work, with a strange force in it.
Very Interesting.

Anonyme a dit…

Really original take on the topic, my favourite so far.

The Unknown a dit…

Nice. I think someone squished you.
love

modroom a dit…

Like the treatment of metamorphosis, the old being cast off and the emergence of something new forming. Hope it is'nt too painful. Is it a coffee insect?

Katili a dit…

Wov, this is cool, I love this one. What an idea. The crawling kind of position is fine.

merlinprincesse a dit…

OHMYOHMYOHMY!!!! So much comments!!!!! :)

Valgalart: Yes those ARE my hair... You are a great observer!

Thank you TERI C... Glad you like it!

Kaya: Thanks too ! And welcome on my blog!

2danimator: Thanks! Funny icon you have!!!

Lily: Ten and a half in fact!!! ROTFLMAO!

Natalialove: I've seen yours and it's really really nice!!!!

Andrea: LOL... And the most humble and modest... !??? :o)

Frank: And it says to you: YOU ARE MY SLAVE NOW... YOU ARE MY SLAVE NOW...WHAT? It did not worded! Damn!

Benconservato: *blushing*

The Unk: I think someone squiiiished you too... My! What happened to you eyeballs?

Mushroom: Not painfull at all. I'M not as anxious as Kafka... It's even funnny!... And this morning, it's a TEA insect... Earl Grey...Hot....

Katili: Thanks girl! And my verif word is iyoowl!!!!! Serendipity!

Ginnie Hart a dit…

An insect against that background is actually, well, uhh, not too bad at all. And with your face, not scary at all :)

merlinprincesse a dit…

You know Ginnie... You don't have to like it!!! LOL!!! After all Kafka was really strange... And this drawing is a little bit disturbing too... ;o)

Luisa a dit…

That is cool! I like your way to imagine the insect, muy chulo!!

carla a dit…

Oh my! I actually thought at first that this was the Spider Girl from "A Very Old Many With Enormous Wings" I do like the technique and the literary reference... I hope you don't really plan on turning into a big bug, though!

merlinprincesse a dit…

LU: Gracias!
Carla: No, I prefer the human condition!!!1 :o)

TheTart a dit…

WOW... so cool. LOVE this one! Sorry took me so long to stop by!

HELP!
Please drop by my place.. need advice.
Smooch,
The Tart

BTW, Bro is horrified that I am match-making online, ha!
He is just a few yrs behind U. How bout them apples!!!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Jody: Done... But I don't understand this how about them apples???? My English....baddddd.