samedi, mars 25, 2006

ILLUSTRATIONFRIDAY: *MONSTER*
MONSTRE



Les pires monstres sont ceux qui se cachent en nous...
The worst monsters are those who are hidden within ourselves...

23 commentaires:

The Unknown a dit…

Indeed! Great post Love.
love

Anonyme a dit…

Nice layout, I love it as well as the idea behind it.
Voilà, c'est tout et c'est déjà pas mal!

Lori Witzel a dit…

Ah...some of my favorite monsters are the ones inside me.

Love the illo, great textures!

Joy Eliz a dit…

i love this!!!

Anonyme a dit…

My inner monster is quite nasty, I ward him off by peppering (pardon the pun) my food with plenty of garlic...it seems to work.

Janet a dit…

Oh..I like this lots!

merlinprincesse a dit…

The Unk: Thanks Love... Love...:)

llathaly`Merci!Je travaille avec les calques depuis longtemps déjà mais c'est la première fois que j'utilise la transparence! C'est cool! Photoshop!

Lori: Mine too. But some are really nasty!

Joy: Tahnsl!

Detlef: Garlic!!!! Is'nt one of your personal monster called Psychotic Turkey??? Turkey à la Garlic!!!! Nice!

Janet: Thanks to you!

Anonyme a dit…

Bonjour,
J'ai endormi mon monstre mais...Chut!..
Il ne faut pas faire de bruit...
Bien vu!
bonne journée

merlinprincesse a dit…

Marc: CHUT! :o)

Heartful a dit…

I like the combination of image and words. Unusual, like it.

Caroline a dit…

Quite monstrously true!

modroom a dit…

Oh yes I like this monster, scary and comic at the same time. It's all in the teeth and eyes!! Like the idea behind it too. So you're monster looks like this and mine looks like Jaques Brel, it's good to share these things rather than lock them away. This weeks IF has been very cathartic for this reason I think.

andrea a dit…

This is so true -- and the image is wonderful. I love the text bits.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Tammy: Thanks to you! I really loved to create it!

Caroline: Indeed!

Mushroom: Yup. Cathartic! But this was JUST for illoFriday! MY real innermonster is more terrible... Wooooooa! (As would say Anon)!

Thanks Andrea!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Merci Shane!!!! And Aristotle was a wise man...To think the human Soul has changed soooo little...*sigh*....

carla a dit…

What an effective combination of image and text! That monster is very threatening, leering forth from behind the words. I love the textural effect yoiu've achieved along with the limited use of color. I agree that the worst demons are within!

Anonyme a dit…

a great entry. i like how you incorporated the words into the illustration.

so true.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Carla, as usual, very nice comment! Thank you!

Catnap: Thank you too!

Aravis a dit…

I so agree with you. This is a great illustration!

Unknown a dit…

Wonderful digital collage. great use of light and dark.
I like your take on monster.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Aravis: Thanks!

Toni: I like the term "digital collage"! I never thought of it like that but it's true! IT IS! Collage is one of my fav!

Now, time to show the real *monster*!!! :)

Todd DeWolf a dit…

That is an interesting point. I have met a few of those people.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Me too,Holly, me too....