samedi, mars 04, 2006

PXITE: *SMOKE*
FUMÉE


Feu, eau, glace, fumée...
Fire, water, ice, smoke...

17 commentaires:

jkirlin a dit…

This is GREAT! Do you have more from this series??

Captain Eudoxia a dit…

Great pic. My dad was a fireman and my brother is one now.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Jeff: I have! On negatives! :)

Jean: Both firemen MMMM.... They must be very courageous! I admire firemen! :o)

Ginnie Hart a dit…

Is this in Quebec City? I HATE fires because my condo burned down in 1993, the week before Christmas. But thank God for the firemen, yes!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Ginnie: Yes it was in Quebec, on St-Jean Street, in 1982... Many houses and stores burned that day. It was very cold (minus 40 F) and the firemen had been fighting for all night. They were really exhausted!...

Mr Fab: Thanks! :)

modroom a dit…

Amazing photo, but why are they poking the building with a big frozen stick of water!?

merlinprincesse a dit…

It's an old French Canadian custom... When the weather is below 40 Celcius and the moon is in its first quarter and when December has passed away 20 young men are chosen. They put on this nice yellow and black traditional costume that symbolize the bees and poke all the buildings of the City wiht this nice frozen coat of water... Fun fun fun! :o)

modroom a dit…

Oh I see.. I had'nt heard of that tradition before. Seeing as it's Canada this sounds quite possible..
....::::o

merlinprincesse a dit…

Yep, popular traditions... Excuse me, I have to break the ice in my sink to catch some fishes to give to my colony of seals on my patio. Then I will begin a Vision Quest, sweating in my Igloooo! Kissy kissy, Muchmoreroom! Oups just saw the Ghost of Hellcat... and she said "HEARD THAT *vomit*!!!"... heh heh! :o)

modroom a dit…

MWA. HA. HA.. it's just not the same if I do it..

merlinprincesse a dit…

It's MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, dear Mushroom! Or Bwhahahahahaha! But you could write a nice poetry with that! I don't always understand the sense of yours, but it't always nice to the ear.... :o)

Todd DeWolf a dit…

Wow! that is quite the picture. It looks great in black and white. Not so good for the building though.

the fourth dimension a dit…

That is a lovely photo indeed. Very ironic too.

merlinprincesse a dit…

Holly: The buildings hav been reconstructed since then.
The fourth: Thanks !

merlinprincesse a dit…

Thanks PG! And hope you're settled now!!!!!! :o)

Ashish a dit…

Awesome! Simply awesome!

merlinprincesse a dit…

Hey Ashish! Glad you visited! And thanks!